Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Update 11/17/10

So I got up to page 9 out of 13 in the script as far as editing goes. There are a list of things I don't like... The first of which, the lighting is inconsistent, in compensation for the fact that we didn't have more than two days to film at the main location, so color correction is way way off. Also, pacing is not good throughout. I never thought I would have to say it, but the cuts are too fast.

Another factor I am unhappy with is just how much footage was shot, versus the amount of time actually being used in the final edit. So far I'm going on 3 minutes. I expect it to be somewhere around 5... maybe a tiny bit more once I extend some clips.

That being said, one thing I am relatively happy with is the beginning, up until the credits stop.

Because I spent so much time cataloging, editing didn't go as quickly as I would've liked either. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed in myself. Stuff just didn't go at all as planned this time.

That being said, I'm going to spend today and this weekend editing the rest of my film until I get something that works and it's finished, so I have a full video lock. When I get back from Thanksgiving I'm going to spend the weekend dealing with sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment