Thursday, December 2, 2010

A direction to go from here

At the beginning of this semester I wrote a rather headstrong manifesto, charging head-long into something that perhaps I was not totally prepared for. Yet, despite my rather overgrown ambition, I think something good has come of it.

If I had to say what direction I would take for the rest of my Junior and Senior year, I think (and hope) it will be in the things that I love the most... all those fantastical, filled with sarcastic humor, and just a little bit of a bitter punch. I want to create something a little ridiculous, but still something that's me. What I've struggled with all semester is producing stories that are interesting. That's something I want to work on with my work in the coming semesters, more than anything. And for once, I want to work on the pure substance and quality of piece over the break... making more than a piece that just fulfills the requirements due to time restraints. I have the beginnings of an idea I may want to use for my Senior project, but I'm hoping that I will find the motivation to come up with enough crazy to make it as awesome as I want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment